Setting up Your Online Recovery Meeting
Recovery has never been so accessible as it is now with the ability to attend a Zoom online recovery meeting at any time and from anywhere.
Recoverlution recognises Zoom as being a powerful platform that has aided many peoples addiction recovery and we are excited to be partnered with them. This means that you can now create a best-in-class recovery meeting within our platform. You can do this by signing up to our free Community and subscribing to our meetings feature. In doing this, you will have the freedom to create as many meetings as you wish. All meetings are powered by Recoverlution and Zoom technology.
Zoom meetings have literally saved many peoples lives during the Covid 19 pandemic. However, Zoom was not made specifically for addiction recovery. Recoverlution has worked tirelessly to improve meetings features within our platform, making setting up an online recovery meeting easier than ever before.
Setting up a recovery meeting has never been simpler
Recoverlution membership is completely free. By joining our recovery community, you will have access to free recovery tools, message boards and have the ability to connect with like-minded others within your own or others groups.
If you wish to host online recovery meetings, just subscribe to our meetings feature which is competitively priced. From there, you will have the freedom to start and host as many recovery meetings as you wish.
Our meetings have all the power of Zoom but with the added personal touches and improved technology from Recoverlution. Once a meeting has been set up, you will able to share a link externally to invite others.
We value your privacy, you will have the ability to control who joins your online recovery meetings. This makes Recoverlution a safe space for you to connect with like-minded others in addiction recovery.
Step-by-step guide to creating an online recovery group
To create an online recovery meeting with Recoverlution, simply take the following steps to firstly set up your group:
- Log into your account on our platform www.recoverlution.com
- From our homepage select Community from the titles at the top of the screen.
- On the next page select Groups from the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select +Create to set up your group.
You will then be taken to a Create Group page where you can:
- Upload an image that represents your group.
- Select a Title and create a name for your group.
- About Group: Here you can write a summary of what your group represents e.g. alcohol, cocaine, drugs, gambling e.t.c. and when you intend to hold online meetings.
- Select Tags and identify your group topic, i.e Alcohol recovery, Cocaine recovery, SMART recovery, Recovery for all etc
- When you have completed all of the above please click on the box named Create.
Your group will now appear in the list of all groups and members can now request to join. When a person requests access you will be notified by email. This will act as a prompt for you to log in and either approve or reject the requests giving you complete control.
Setting up your own online recovery meeting
Now you have your group, you can add meetings by taking the following simple steps:
- Select Groups from the left-hand side of the screen.
- The group that you created will be visible under the heading My Groups. You can also see how many members you have and confirmation that you are the admin will also be displayed.
- Click on your group name and then select Meetings on the next page that it takes you to.
The next screen will be headed Create New Group Meeting - here you can complete the following:
- Title: Select a title for your meeting ie Monday night meet up, Tuesday night CA London, Wednesday morning SMART Recovery etc
- Date of meeting: Select the date you would like your meeting to start and how often it recurs
- Description: Complete the description, i.e Alcohol recovery, Big Book Study, Mentor group, Gambling recovery e.t.c
- Start time: Select the recurring start time of your online meeting
- End time: Select the recurring end time of your online recovery meeting
When all of the above has been completed please select Add Meeting and this will then send a notification to all group members.
Having taken these steps, you will have now successfully set up your own online addiction recovery meeting and will be provided with a link to send out to others. You will be able to upload multiple documents that can be screen shared during your meeting.
If at any point you need help, just select the Recoverlution icon button on the top right hand side of your Community page. From here, you will see a drop down menu, select Help and Support. You will see a chat icon pop up in the bottom left hand of your screen. You can then start typing in whatever you need help with and relevant articles will pop up.
If you need further assistance in creating your own online recovery meeting, please just e-mail is here at email@example.com. We are here to help you to get the best from our platform and support you in any way that we can.